This blog has come about because this September the class I received have had the most varied styles of teaching I can think of. I have them now in Year 5. Their Year 4 teacher was your classic, 'Knowledge is everywhere, collaborative, pupil freedom, self-taught, learning spaces, teacher sitting with pupils', I would say a Robin Williams reincarnate. Their Year 3 teacher was a cross between Mr Smith in The Substitute and Mr Strickland from well, every generation of that family. Quiet rows, teachers have knowledge, rote and repetitive, text-book, standing at the front. Their teacher in Year 2 was as close to Sister Marie Therese Vauzous as you can get away with these days. She even has the same voice and mannerisms, I'm sure you can see the running jokes we enjoy. I haven't been at this school long enough to know their reception teacher but I currently work with the person they had in Year 1 and he can be described as nothing less than Jack Black in The School of Rock, no need to explain what that year consisted of. The interesting combination of children playing electric guitar and a series of drums has been sending my face into a amusing array of expressions - to the delight of my class.

This brings me to the point of the blog. Is it best for a class to have one style of teaching, one style of education, the same level of discipline or the same lack of discipline, all the way through their primary school years or is best for them to experience a variety?

The classes I have taught before have never had teachers with such a variety of clear cut styles. I never even thought it was possible to get such a variety until I worked at my current school. I thought it was consigned to film-fiction, hence being able to quote from several completely different films. Of course most schools have their few characters, mostly geriatric traditionalists drinking out of Miss Trunchbull mugs in the corner of the staff-room. Answering the slightest questioning of their oracle with a Professor Crawford's "Are you challenging me?" On the flip side, every school has their resident teacher living in the Crusade-era of Poitler's East London mission. Regardless of these characters, most teachers I have worked with are a hybrid of styles, nothing too clear cut but a sort of solid style that works to the ebb and flow of the educational tide.

Joking aside, having a set of children that have had teachers with such clear cut styles, a powder-keg of educational influence, makes for brilliant reflection.

Having worked with this class for a term, getting to know and understand a class who seem to have had their own Dead Poets Society last year it has had the most profound influence on my assumptions. A primary school class is a being, it evolves in the most incredible way possible. Children have such an adapt curiosity that they can almost, in a Stockholm Syndrome manner, learn to love whatever is put in front of them. It is the very nature of having a teacher for a whole year. I ask the question: does that constant change of style and teacher have positive or negative connotations? I would say that it makes the children versatile. They learn that society is made up of different people with different backgrounds and different manners and styles. They learn how to behave with various types of people. They don't have 7 Years of falling asleep into a textbook, nor do they have 7 Years of thinking about fairies. I want to work in a school where I know every new class I get have experienced as much of a variety as you can conceivably get in a school. I want to get a class that makes me want to change the way I do things or confirms that I'm doing this the right way. I want to be challenged by the complex being that is a class. I want the previous class to have experienced hiding a secret rock band from the headteacher's learning walks. I want them to live a year in a class with a row-walking, no-talking, chalk throwing, just a plain old capital shock of a teacher. Even better if they have been taught an artistic talent so realistic they can draw a derogatory picture of me under the desk while my back is turned. If the class hasn't experienced Mrs Strict then I consider they just haven't lived. I want a class to have known special teachers who could teach in a way that they believed in.

The only way this works is if people are given the trust, freedom and independence to truly teach the way that suits them. Nothing makes for a terrible year more than having a teacher who is day-in day-out compromising on their principles or teaching in a way that doesn't feel right. You get a teacher who is trying to be all things to all people and they constantly compromise to incorporate: current policies, their background, their own ideas on parenting, experiences in their own schooling, the school's 'changing with the wind' policy, the new curriculum and debate on the style you should be this lunar month. Teachers move away from a natural, personal and passionate style to ticking boxes and making sure they appear the way they should. Children get mixed messages about the way people are and the way adults conduct themselves.

I want to see a change. I want to see the climate change to one that values diversity of everything. New teachers and old teachers. Progressive and traditional teachers. Teachers who dress up as Indiana Jones and teachers who get mistaken for Mary Poppins. If we can bring a wider diversity of styles to schools and give teachers the trust and freedom to professionally deliver, I believe we can nurture versatile and resilient children. Children who value that everyone is different, even teachers.

Comments

15/01/2015 16:09

Hi, My son was a teacher at Fishguard school for 16 years. In one of his worst behaving classes, early in his career, to get their attention he jumped from a standing start onto his desk. That got their attention as he is over six feet tall and had long dreadlocks. Thereafter he had no problems with that class.
On another occasion he took his chess clock into class during the last lesson,and when they misbehaved he set his clock for the length of the period and told them until they had had a full period they would remain in the classroom. Problem solved!!
He was asked once to take a remedial class having had no trianing in this area he prepared what he thought was a simple lesson. He was amazed to discover the children could neither read nor write. He continued that lesson by taking his climbing gear into class and the children were enthralled. He was better prepered next time he had a remedial task.
I have detailed the abobe to illustrate that variety is the spice of life in teaching as in everything else.
I really liked what you said in your blog.
Charles

18/09/2016 05:33

I think variety will work well in for the same class. Each student will be different so if one method works for one in the first year while the others need to adjust, on the second year, another method will be at the advantage of the other and it's the other's turn to adjust. Both will have a fair share of what might work for them if they experience variety. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Let us know what you think. Keep us updated.

20/01/2017 09:25

Max Testo XL My master and different students are regular Max Testo XL encouragement of my development I Max Testo XL lost 60 pounds.

20/06/2017 07:57

A list of the top 5 airsoft packages this holiday season. Airsoft packages are great for beginners and seasoned players alike.

22/06/2017 18:13

Personalmente, las consultas por teléfono son mejores que en persona, porque dejas a un lado los nervios de estar frente a una persona que no conoces. Hablas con total tranquilidad, porque no ves a esa persona con la que hablas y eres capaz de abrirte con total tranquilidad.

16/03/2015 09:55

Thanks for share. that blogs. I like your blog.

10/09/2015 20:01

I'am watching your blog evolution with a great pleasure dispite you were too lazy for the last few month.

27/10/2015 03:39

thanks for share this articel

11/11/2015 14:23

I believe it's best to have a variety of teaching methods. Through this various method we can assess which teaching approach is more efficient. Education is essential to possess a great future. Thus, we should make sure that the process of educating the students adjust to rapid changes in our technology. Thank you for this very well written article.

waw amazing, the class evolution is good

05/10/2016 15:05

Name

18/11/2015 13:55

Very impressive blog and the most happening thing in it that it is about education and guitar training. If someone wants to learn guitar and want to buy best quality reverb pedals then visit my website.

22/11/2015 11:50

I love to read how people evolution change in time.

This is a very strange combination of children playing electric guitar and a series of drums)))

Many thanks for posting this information. I merely want to let you recognize that I just look into your site and I discover it very interesting and helpful.

I want to thank you for posting such an educational blog. And also will wait for your next post

24/05/2016 13:48

I am truly happy to read your article. I located a great deals of approaches after visiting your blogs. Great work.

08/06/2016 18:22

What class do you belong?

18/06/2016 03:35

The class evolution is awesome. The only way this works is if individuals are given liberty, liberty and the trust to actually educate the way in which that satisfies them.

Buoyancy Technologies is a Premier IT Training & Consultation Institute in Chennai that provides High quality, Job Oriented Training programs for Oracle, Cloud Computing, Java, Web, DBA, Software Testing and Microsoft technologies.

25/07/2016 10:36

Processing Re-write Suggestions Done (Unique Article)
Class Evolution, conjointly called category amendment or CC by players of the japanese version, is that the method of sanctioning a Unit to unlock its full potential. A Unit that has been CC'd are reset to level one however with higher stats than the extent they were before being CC'd. From then on, reckoning on the rarity, the Unit are ready to gain an extra fifty or additional levels additionally to no matter bonuses they received upon category Evolution. solely Units of Silver rarity or higher than ar capable of sophistication Evolution, however, there ar exceptions that can't be evolved this fashion, like Princesses and sure event Units.

02/08/2016 14:27

that is the thing that I was looking at for, what a stuff! existing here at this site, thanks manager of this site. Does your web journal have a contact page? I'm having issues finding it meanwhile, I'd like to give you an email. I are incredibly overcome for your site you may be eager about hearing.

Buoyancy Technologies is the best software development company in Chennai.

Buoyancy Technologies is a premier IT training institute in Chennai.

16/09/2016 00:56

was quite happy with the information in these pages, is quite interesting and very bergunaka once for me personally

27/10/2016 06:22

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group. Chat soon!

It is a great post. Very good points you wrote in post..Great stuff nice writing...

Hi! This is very useful post for everyone. Thank you so much this post.Just about everything looks good displayed.

20/12/2016 04:49

Children playing electric guitar and a series of drums has been the best part of this class. It will surely motivate them towards the career in music industry.

28/01/2017 05:40

dge3.tn.nic.in

02/02/2017 13:02

Greens Technology is the Best JMeter Training Institute In Chennai which offers complete Selenium and JMeter course in Chennai by well experienced Test Manager having more than 9 years of Real time experience in functional test automation.

02/02/2017 13:18

Lifetime Associates Pvt Ltd, a company incorporated in the year 2000 with an aim to promote product, in caring for their health of the public and for their utility

10/02/2017 10:50

Designing a web site is all regarding making sites for running on-line businesses that facilitate in building a association between the business and also the customers in an exceedingly thanks to move in addition as entertain.

13/02/2017 09:16

13/02/2017 12:20

13/02/2017 12:32

13/02/2017 12:32

13/02/2017 12:48

25/02/2017 10:49

Do you remember how excited you used to get when you drew a picture as a kid? That's the beauty of creating on your own from scratch.

27/02/2017 05:39

bigo live apk

27/02/2017 07:09

It was great to know all these information. Good and in depth introduction of thinking. Thanks a lot

30/03/2017 13:02

Jika anda wanita yang sedang mengalami masalah miom, ada baiknya anda mencari informasi tentang <a href="http://obatkeputihanladyfem.com/obat-herbal-miom/">obat herbal miom alami</a> yang banyak bertebaran di internet, jika anda bingung mencari obat miom yang manjur, anda bisa
<a href="http://obatherbalkeputihanladyfem.blogspot.co.id/2017/03/penyakit-miom-pada-wanita.html/">klik disini</a> untuk detailnya. jangan salah dalam memilih obat karena bisa fatal akibatnya.<a href="http://caracepathamil.freeblog.site/home/bahayakah-penyakit-miom-pada-wanita/">lihat penjelasan selengkapnya</a> tentang obat herbal, apakah sudah resmi bpom atau belum, jika anda ingin tahu suatu obat herbal sudah dapat ijin atau belum, anda bisa
<a href="https://obatherbalkistaladyfem.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/gejala-penyakit-miom-pada-wanita/">kunjungi web ini</a> serta
<a href="http://obatherbalkeputihandankista.weebly.com/blog/gejala-penyakit-miom-pada-wanita/">baca disini</a> untuk memastikannya. segera
<a href="http://obatkistaladyfem.edublogs.org/2017/03/29/pengertian-umum-tentang-penyakit-miom-pada-wanita/">cek penawaran kami</a> untuk mendapatkan harga diskon.

Mobile Van Advertising are used in promotional activities such as launching program, Inauguration of companies, advertisement of corporate companies.

12/05/2017 11:21

Welcome to DHL Tracking Track DHL Couriers & Parcels By Entering the dhl tracking number

15/05/2017 07:00

Alpha-Monster-Advanced is a main working out supplement that empowers you to develop incline muscles inside a limited ability to focus time. This supplement works in the best way when you consider it into your way of life that incorporates a sound eating routine and workout regimen. As this dietary pill manage the gigantic muscle development, it likewise softens your inordinate fat layer so you can manufacture tore and etched muscles with a supersonic speed. When you take this dietary supplement, all the dynamic elements of this recipe work steadily to enhance the possibility of your workout, helping you to perform dangerous workouts at the rec center. Furthermore, it helps in refining your vitality level, stamina and perseverance as it were. For more information Please visit :-

Trendy doctor to provides natural medical tips, traditional medical tips, tradition secure life medical tips,siddha maruthuvam tips, Ayurveda medical tips, tradition health care, Traditional health care tips,unani maruthuvam tips, Traditional medical tips ,tradition medical solution, paarambariya maruthuvam tips, paddy maruthuvam tips, traditional health care solutions, natural health care, natural health care tips, health natural care, natural full medial solutions ,natural medical solutions, best natural medial tips

18/05/2017 10:52

This conveys me to the point of the blog. Is it best for a class to have one style of instructing, one style of training, a similar level of teach or a similar absence of teach, completely through their grade school years or is best for them to encounter an assortment?

25/05/2017 13:37

Watch unlimited TV shows and movies online for free. Stream any movie or TV show from iOS, Android, PC, PS4, Xbox One and more.

30/05/2017 09:05

The versatile herb lavender has many properties beyond its delightful appearance and fragrance. This herb can be used for its relaxation properties, for its skin care and health benefits and for the flavor and appearance enhancements it provides to favorite foods.

30/05/2017 12:46

Mobdro is an app that lets you see a lot of media online. It is a free app which allows live streaming

01/06/2017 20:49

It is without a doubt one of the sneakiest and craftiest moves in a war like no other that has gone before it on this planet. You are under attack - continuously, without you even realizing it. Your Opponent? Information!

08/06/2017 07:34

Welcome to Official Site Track fedex Couriers & Parcels By Entering the fedex tracking number Track fedex Global Mail Tracking

Learn Web Designing Course in Chennai from the Web Design and Development Experts at Greens Technology.In the current age of internet, every company needs websites to reach their customers.

09/06/2017 20:42

The first thing a potential employer will see is your resume. Make sure you have your resume in perfect form to outshine your competition.

17/06/2017 13:47

I sometimes hear from people who intend to go on Nutrisystem and who are trying to be very organized and to plan ahead.

22/06/2017 09:16

Do you currently blog? Or are you interested in starting to blog however you have no idea what to write about? As a blogger you may find it difficult at times to know how to start your next blog post.

22/06/2017 21:36

This article will focus on what social media sites are helpful for candidates and how to maximize their use in landing in the right job.

23/06/2017 21:21

Job recruiters or a job headhunter specializes in finding potential employees for businesses.

08/07/2017 05:53

mantap info webnya

09/07/2017 18:59

Blogging is the supplementary habit of expressing oneself upon the web. It is a tool to stick to others and share your thoughts, ideas and opinions.

10/07/2017 06:59

Good job. Informasi terbaik seputar permainan bola online.

11/07/2017 02:34

Mantap info webnya pak. Kami menunggu postingan selanjutnya.

12/07/2017 03:14

Thanks for this information.

12/07/2017 13:33

Dolby has connected for six licenses for the up-terminating Atmos Elevation speaker innovation. Dolby is authorizing this innovation for amplifier producers who wish to offer a Dolby-guaranteed Atmos Elevation module

15/07/2017 11:16

iRoot Apk Download: iRoot is the propelled rendition of vroot and it accompanies quicker android establishing capacities and better similarity. It accompanies iRoot APK super-client android application and it is much better establishing application today.

19/07/2017 17:32

Thanks for sharing this article.

22/07/2017 01:35

Agen SBOBET membantu menyediakan informasi tepat.

22/07/2017 05:29

Salam dari Agen Bola ID. Hubungi Kami.

24/07/2017 07:35

Informasi yang memberikan manfaat bagi kami.

24/07/2017 10:50

Informasi bola online terpercaya di Indonesia.